- Cloud OCR SDK Documentation
Quick Start GuidesThese guides will help you to start development with ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK.
API ReferenceThe description of API methods.
Code SamplesDemo samples show how to create a simple application with Cloud OCR SDK.
Sample ImagesHere you can download sample images in different languages.
Technical SpecificationsThe list of supported image formats, recognition languages, text types, etc.
FAQAnswers to commonly-asked questions about ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK.
Best PracticesGeneral recommendations on settings needed for the best recognition results.
Cloud OCR SDK Documentation
Photographing Business Cards with a Mobile Phone
If you are designing an application which will allow the user to recognize business cards with a mobile phone, you need to pay some attention to ensuring that they will make good quality photos of business cards.
We recommend that you add to user interface a frame showing business card's position on the screen when the user is taking a picture. It can look like this:
Before sending a recognition request to Cloud OCR server, your application should crop the image using the frame borders.
Recommendations to the user
You also need to add some tips on photographing business cards and display them so that they catch the user's attention before she/he takes a picture. Here is a list of our tips:
- A business card must fit entirely within the frame on the screen while taking a picture.
- The distance between your camera and the business card should be about 30 cm (12 inches).
- Ensure that lighting is bright and even.
- To prevent overexposure, avoid using the flash (daylight is preferable).
- If possible, put the business card on black or white background.
- The text on the resulting photo should not be skewed by more than 20 degrees.
- Enable your camera's anti-shake feature, if available.
- It is best to photograph one business card at a time.