ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK Service Billing Terms
Free Sample Images
Free test set
Free Re-recognition of the image
How ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK estimates the image’s cost
When ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK charges you
ABBYY reserves the right to change its fees or billing methods at any time. ABBYY will provide notice to the affected Customers of any such changes by posting the revised fees and billing terms on this website.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any billing-related questions.
“ABBYY” means ABBYY USA Software House, Inc. registered at 880 North McCarthy Boulevard, Suite 220, Milpitas, California 95035, USA.
“Application” means the application the Customer develops using the Service.
“Customer” means any person and/or any entity that is using ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK service.
“Package” means one of the available packages provided on the “Package pricing” tab of the following web-page http://ocrsdk.com/plans-and-pricing/.
“Plan” means one of the available subscription variants provided on the “Subscription” tab of the following web-page http://ocrsdk.com/plans-and-pricing/.
“Price list” means ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK price list provided on the following web-page http://ocrsdk.com/plans-and-pricing/.
“Service” means ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK service.
Service accepts online prepayments via PayPal according to actual Price list in U.S. currency.
After a Customer buys a Package or a subscription Plan from the current Price list, the Customer will receive a particular number of prepaid A4 pages (or text fields) available for recognition through the Customer’s account.
The Customer may be able to add a small quantity of free pages to the Customer’s Application balance as a Package or as asubscription Plan in exchange for participation in a variety of advertising campaigns and compliance with the Terms and Conditions of these campaigns.
Pages are always linked to a particular Application created for the account.
A Customer can always monitor their Applications and the number of pages available for each of them on http://cloud.ocrsdk.com.
After the registration Customer will be able to recognize Sample Images for free. Sample Images are provided by ABBYY and can be downloaded through the link. Sample Images are free to recognize as many times as needed.
After the registration Customer will automatically receive a Free Test Set through his account. This test set consists of Free 50 Customer’s A4 Images – any 50 images which are valid for 90 days after the registration has been completed.
- Full page recognition of any image recognized once will be performed for free so long as the Customer’s account is not empty, i.e. so long as it has A4 pages/Fields available for recognition. If Customer deletes a recognized image or if it is being deleted automatically(1) next recognition of this image will be charged according to the Price list.
- ABBYY reserves the right to impose a reasonable limitation on the number of repeated recognitions per account per day; this measure is intended to prevent DoS attacks.
- Field recognition is charged every time according to the Price list; no free re-recognition is available. But Field recognition performed for the fields placed on the previously recognized A4 page will be performed for free.
(1) Service will schedule any uploaded image for deletion once any of the following conditions is met:
- forty-two (42) hours after an image has been uploaded to the Service;
- twenty-four (24) hours after an image has been processed by the Service.
Images scheduled for deletion will be deleted from server within six (6) hours.
The monthly fee for the Customer’s subscription according to the Price list will be charged to the Customer’s credit card each month after the Customer has approved the purchase of this subscription Plan through the Customer's PayPal account. If the Customer has unused pages at the end of any month during the subscription term, the unused pages will not be carried over to next month.
If the Customer exhausts his pages allowance before the end of subscription period, the Customer will be charged for additional pages according to the actual Price list as specified in “Price per page” row for the particular subscription Plan.
The Customer’s credit card will be charged for the additional pages once the number of pages utilized in excess of the page allowance equals or exceeds the monthly page allowance under the subscription plan, or 10,000 pages, whichever is less.
Subscription upgrade. After the Customer has purchased a subscription, the Customer may upgrade its subscription to a more expensive Plan at any time. After upgrading to the new subscription Plan, the predefined monthly volume of the new subscription Plan will be available each subscription month.
During the upgrade to a more expensive subscription Plan the Customer will be charged for:
- the difference between the subscription Plans pricing; and depending on the specific Application balance, Customer may be additionally charged for:
- the actualnumber of pages used under the old subscription plan; and
For example, assume the Customer has a subscription plan at a cost of $99.99 per month with 2 000 pages per month available for OCR. Then having used up 500 pages, the Customer decides to upgrade the subscription to $199.99 per month. During this upgrade the Customer’s card will be charged $100, i.e. the difference between the subscription Plans pricing ($99.99 vs. $199.99) and additionally $20, i.e. 500 * $0.04 (where $0.04 is the price per page from the new subscription Plan) for the actually used 500 pages of the old subscription Plan.
- the additional pages OCRed above the predefined monthly volume at a price specified in the “Price per page” row for the new subscription Plan.
Subscription downgrade. After the Customer has purchased a subscription Plan, the Customer may downgrade to a less expensive Plan at any time; the Customer will not receive a refund in this case. Immediately following the downgrade to the less expensive subscription Plan, the balance of the specific Application and price for the additional pages OCRed above the predefined monthly limit will remain the same until the beginning of the next subscription month. With the beginning of the next subscription month the price of the new subscription Plan will be charged to the Customer’s credit card each month.
Subscription cancellation. After the Customer has purchased a Plan, the Customer may cancel it at any time. The fee paid for the Plan is non-refundable. Unused pages of the canceled subscription Plan will be available for use for a period of ninety (90) days after the subscription cancellation.
If the Customer has a subscription to 100 free pages for participation in the “OCR for Free” advertising campaign the balance will be supplemented as follows:
- If at the same time the Customer has a 100 free page subscription and other valid subscriptions or packages, the balance of the selected Application will be credited with an additional 100 pages every month.
- If all other Customer Packages have expired, each month after the Package expiration date the balance of the selected Application will be supplemented by up to 100 free pages until a new Package purchase occurs, or until the Customer deactivates his Application.
An example of page billing is listed on the chart below:
For example, the Customer purchased a Package of 1000 pages on September 25, 2013. Then, on October 5, 2014, he received a subscription for 100 free pages per month. While the Package is in effect the balance of the specific Application is supplemented with 100 free pages on the 5th day of each calendar month. After the Package expiration the subscription of 100 free pages still remains and on the 5th day of each calendar month the balance is supplemented by up to 100 pages. The 100 free page subscription does not extend the Package usage period (which is 90 days).
There are two units of measure in which Service can bill Customer’s account.
The first one is the unit named “A4 page”. It refers to ISO A4 format (210mm × 297mm size).
The second one is named “Field”. In terms of Service it means some area on the image specified with its coordinates and containing small text snipped not longer than 50 characters (space characters are not included).
Whether Service bills the recognition task in A4 pages or in Fields units depends on the method this task is using. Here is the table describing this dependency:
processFields method bills the recognition task either in A4 pages or in Fields units:
Less than 5 fields (N fields)
Billed as N fields
More than 5 fields placed on one A4 page
Billed as one A4 page
For multiple fields placed on more than one A4 page processFields method's billing options listed in the table above will be applied to each page.
А4 page recognition is charged according to the actual Price list as specified in “Price per page” row for the particular Pack.
If actual image size is smaller than A4 format (210mm × 297mm), it is also billed as A4 page. If actual image size is larger than A4 format it will be billed as several A4 pages, the number of A4 pages will be calculated in the following way:
Number of A4 pages = Round up to the nearest larger integer (Actual image area / A4 area).
Multipage document is billed as several A4 pages; the number of A4 pages will be calculated in the following way:
Number of A4 pages = Number of A4 pages on the Page 1 + Number of A4 pages on the Page 2 +…+ Number of A4 pages on the Page n,
where “n” is a number of pages in the multipage document.
Business card. Business card is considered to be any image processed with processBusinessCard method. Every Business card recognition is charged as a recognition of two A4 pages.
Receipt. Receipt is considered to be an image processed with processReceipt method. Every Receipt recognition is charged as a recognition of two A4 pages.
Field. Field is considered to be an image processed with processTextField method and containing not more than 50 characters (space characters are not included). Every Field recognition is charged according to the actual Price list as specified in “Price per text field” row for the particular Pack.
Checkmark. Checkmark is considered to be an image processed with processCheckmarkField method . Every Checkmark recognition is charged as one Field recognition.
Barcode. Barcode is considered to be any image processed with processBarcodeField method (or with processFields method for fields of type “barcode”). Barcode recognition is performed for free with limitation 100 free Barcodes per day. Above 100 Barcodes per day every Barcode recognition is charged as one Field recognition.
MRZ(Machine Readable Zone). MRZ is considered to be an image processed with processMRZ method. Every MRZ recognition is charged as one A4 page recognition.
Exceptions. A4 Page, Business card, Barcode or Field with no characters on it will be processed for free. However, Checkmark recognition is always charged as described above and can’t be free even if it doesn’t contain any characters.
- The fee for the particular Package of pages is charged to the Customer’s credit card according to the Price list at the moment when the Customer approves the purchase of this Package through the Customer's PayPal account.
- Service estimates uploaded image’s cost and locks appropriate amount of A4 pages/ Fields on Customer’s account (for particular Application ID) after the recognition task gets into Queued status.
- If the monies available for the Application amount of A4 pages/ Fields is not sufficient for the particular recognition task, this task will be refused.
- Service charges Customer’s account (for particular Application ID) after the processed recognition task is in Completed status.
- If for some reasons the Service was not able to perform a particular recognition task (recognize the image) the appropriate blocked amount of A4 pages/Fields will be unlocked.
- Packages listed in the Price list are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. Upon expiration of this period, A4 pages/Fields purchased within the Package will be charged to the account (off the particular Application).
- Any additional purchases during that period will extend the validity period of the A4 pages/Field available for the particular Application for 90 days from the date of the most recent purchase.
- Valid periods of several Packages bought in the same day will not result in a multiplied valid period for the purchased A4 pages/Fields. The resulting valid period for the whole amount of A4 pages/Fields purchased on the same day will be 90 days.
- A one-month subscription is valid for one calendar month, which means that if the Customer purchases a monthly subscription on the 17th of the month, it will be valid until the 16th of the next month and the number of pages available for recognition will be reset the day after.
- The package of 1000 free pages granted to the Customer for taking part in the “OCR for Free” advertising campaign is valid for 180 days from the date the pages are granted. Upon expiration of this 180 day period, any of the unused pages remaining will be removed from the page balance of the specific Application.
For example, assume the Customer purchased a subscription of 2000 pages per month on January 25, 2014. Then, on February 5, 2014, the Customer received a package of 1000 free pages for sharing his/her experience via Blog. If by the end of current subscription period the balance of the specific Application has 2000 or more pages (i.e. monthly volume of the purchased subscription) it can't be supplemented due to the subscription. As soon as the subscription balance has fewer than 2000 pages remaining, it will be supplemented. A package of 1000 free pages is available so long as the balance has more pages than the purchased subscription has remaining.
All free features are blocked in the event Customer’s account for a particular Application has no A4 pages/Fields available for recognition or has no active subscription.
Subscriptions. Negative balance is allowed for all accounts with subscription. The negative balance of a specific Application cannot be lower than two times the monthly volume of the subscription Plan, but in no event may any subscription have a negative balance of more than twenty thousand (20,000) pages.
The fees paid for ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK usage are non-refundable.
Customer must notify ABBYY via E-mail sent to email@example.com about any billing problems or discrepancies within ninety (90) days after the charges first appear on the Customer's account statement. If the billing issues/discrepancies are not brought to ABBYY's attention within ninety (90) days, Customer waives the right to dispute such problems or discrepancies.